PLEASE NOTE: This page outlines the application process for traditional, credit-seeking students. If you are a Continuing Education or Adult Education, a Dual Credit Student, a Guest Student or an International Student, the process may be different.
STEP ONE: COMPLETE OUR APPLICATION
It is free to apply to Triton College. Our application is simple and it can be finished in less than 10 minutes. Please be sure to save your login information. If necessary, you may save your progress and complete the application at a later time
Once your application is accepted, you will receive an email that lays out the next steps in the enrolment process. You will also receive an official acceptance packet in the mail within 7 to 10 days.
STEP TWO: TAKE A PLACEMENT TEST OR APPLY FOR A TESTING WAIVER
All new degree-seeking students or those planning to take college-level math or English classes must complete a placement test or receive a testing waiver from an advisor. Students may be eligible for a waiver if they meet certain academic criteria.
NOTE: Not all certificate programs require a placement test. Please refer to program requirements before scheduling your test.
STEP THREE: MEET WITH AN ADVISOR
After you take your placement test or receive your testing waiver, you will need to meet with an academic advisor. Your advisor will help you develop a long-term academic plan. Then they will register you for your first semester of classes. This step is required for all new students. After your first semester you will be able to register for classes on your own via your student portal.
Congratulations, you're officially a Triton College student!
Registering for classes can be done in-person, over the phone, or through the student portal. Classes fill quickly, so it is important to register early for the best selection of courses and class meeting times. Students who completed orientation online must meet with an advisor to register for class. Advisors are available to all students seeking assistance in course selection and academic planning.
After registration, students should pay their tuition or make payment arrangements as quickly as possible to avoid being dropped from classes.* Payments can be made at the Cashier’s Office, located in the Student Center, Room B-130. Students receiving Financial Aid will receive additional information about any portion of tuition they may still owe.
- Payment in full by cash, money order, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express)
- FACTS Tuition Payment Plan (via MyTriton Portal)
- FACTS Deferred Payment Plan (via MyTriton Portal)
*The payment grace period ends approximately three weeks prior to the start of the semester. After that, tuition is due within two days (48 hours) of the date that you register. If you are unable to make payment or setup a payment plan, your classes may be dropped and you would have to register again.
Triton College defines a returning student as one who has not been actively enrolled for one calendar year, or any Triton College graduate returning to take additional classes. To successfully re-enroll, returning students will need to complete the following steps.
- Update contact information if necessary. If applicable submit supporting documentation to the Records Office.
Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.gov and be certain to enter Triton’s school code: 001773. Apply as early as Jan. 1 to maximize aid opportunities. Learn more at www.fafsa.gov.
Students who have already completed an associate or bachelor’s degree and are pursuing a second degree will need to submit an appeal to the Financial Aid Office to be considered for financial assistance. Only students seeking a higher degree will be considered for aid.
- Submit official transcripts if necessary. Students who wish to apply courses taken at another institution must submit official transcripts AND request that they be evaluated for appropriate course transfer.
- Meet with a counselor to determine if you need to take the placement test or if you qualify for a placement testing waiver. All students are required to either take the placement exam or submit an unofficial transcript with a grade of “C” or better in college level Mathematics and/or English. While meeting with a counselor, you will also update your academic plan/program of study. Students who have not been enrolled at Triton for one calendar year are required to follow the program of study outlined in the current catalog year. If required, complete a general petition for readmission.
- Take placement test if needed. Placement test scores are valid for two (2) years. Students do not need to take the placement test if they have already done so within the last two years or if they earned a grade of “C” or better in college level mathematics and/or English.
- Register for classes online through the MyTriton portal, in person at the Welcome Center, or by phone at (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3130.
- Make payment arrangements. Tuition balances may be paid in full by using cash, money order, check, or credit card (American Express, MasterCard, or Visa) at the Cashier’s Office, room B-130 in the main hall of the Student Center (B-Building). Payments can also be made online through the MyTriton portal (including FACTS payment plans).
Are you currently attending another college or university?
Enroll as a guest student at Triton College.
It’s a convenient and affordable way to move ahead with your education.